- The Fountain Park neighborhood was first plotted by John Lay in 1857.
- Boundary lines for the neighborhood: Delmar Blvd. on South, Kingshighway on West, Page Blvd. on North, and to the East is Taylor Avenue.
- The oval-shaped park was donated by Lay in 1889.
- The only statue of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in St. Louis is placed by the fountains at Fountain Park.
- The MLK statue was placed there in 1978.
|The Martin Luther King statue|
|A closer look at the statue|
4900 Fountain Park, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63113
Cake artist: Screwed Arts Collective
The cake was sold on 1/1/2015 for $418 in the biddingforgood auction.