- Given the name Old Cathedral, after Pope John Paul II designated the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis located in Central West End in 1999.
- Built between 1831 and 1834.
- Designated as a basilica by Pope John XXIII in 1961.
- Renovated in 1963.
- While it is one of the city's buildings, it is also the sole surviving building of demolished 40 city blocks.
- Many Catholic marriages are still performed here.
|A view of the Cathedral from the Gateway Arch|
At the moment, parts of the building are being covered due to the construction of the expansion of the Arch grounds.
|Left side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
|Top of the cake|
209 Walnut St., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63102
Cake artist: Vince Sciaroni (He also decorated the Jay International/South Grand cake)