- Consists of four buildings that are in their original locations: the 1819 Convent, the 1821 Church, 1840 Rectory and the 1888 Schoolhouse.
- It has been preserved by the Friends of Old St. Ferdinand since 1958. The buildings were transferred to them in 1979 from Cardinal John Carberry.
- The 1821 church is the oldest Catholic church west of the Mississippi.
- The cornerstone was a gift from Mother Rose Philippine Duchesne, who is credited for stabilizing the area, as well as starting the first school in Florissant. She was canonized by Pope John Paul II in 1988, several decades after her death.
- Tours are regularly given here, and the buildings also host special events including weddings.
As you can see on the cake, St. Ferdinand is celebrating its 225th anniversary in 2014!:
|Left side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
#1 Rue St. Francois, FLORISSANT, MO, 63031
Cake artist: Old St. Ferdinand Shrine
The cake is now on private property.