- One of St. Louis' most iconic hotels was built in 1922.
- The Park Plaza was added two years later. The buildings were not merged until 1947.
- Of the combined two buildings, it is 28 stories high.
- Besides the hotel, there are restaurants, bars and a movie theater. Also, at the top, guests can take in spectacular views of Forest Park as well as downtown.
- Several well-known figures have performed and stayed here, such as some members of the 'Rat Pack' and the Rolling Stones. Every U.S. President from the 1920s to the 1980s have visited here as well.
- In 1956, the Chase Park Plaza Hotel hosted the Miss America contest.
- Professional wrestling matches were often held here in the 1960s and 1970s
- Closed temporarily in 1989 to the mid-90s
- Named as one of the 'Historic Hotels of America'
|The cinema part of the building|
|Left side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
Chase Park Plaza on FB
212 North Kingshighway, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63108
Cake artist: Chase Staff
The cake was removed in early 2015, and its whereabouts are unknown.