- Founded in 1914 by Max Aaron Goldstein, M.D.
- Goldstein started CID in his medical office building with deaf patients. His office was located at Vandeventer and Westminister Place.
- It is an affiliate for Washington University.
- Heather Whitestone-Callum, an alumnus for CID, became the first deaf woman to be crowned Miss America (AL) in 1995
- Goldstein invented the Simplex tube, which was an early hearing device used in a classroom.
|View of the right side of the building|
Central Institute for the Deaf on FB
825 South Taylor, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63110
Cake artist: April Morrison
UPDATE (8/24/2016): The cake is still there.