Now....here are the facts about St. Louis County and its courthouse, as well as its adjacent Police Department.
- St. Louis County is the largest populated county in Missouri - just 2,000 short of 1 million!
- County seat is Clayton
- The county does NOT include the city of St. Louis, which is independent
- The St. Louis County Circuit Court was established in 1815.
- The city of St. Louis separated itself from the county in 1877.
- The St. Louis County Police Department (which is also by the cake) was created in 1955.
- And, for the record, the city of Clayton is named after Ralph Clayton, who donated land for this courthouse.
- University City
Remember, if I were to include the entire 'caking' region, most of those cities would be knocked off the list and be replaced with O'Fallon (MO), St. Charles and Belleville.
Did you know...there is a St. Louis County in Minnesota?
|The courthouse building|
|A dedication to Buzz Westfall|
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
7900 Carondelet Avenue, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63105 (it is actually located in downtown Clayton)
Cake artist: Rich Brooks