Friday, August 29, 2014

#242: St. Charles County Heritage Museum at Heritage Park

I made a brief return to St. Charles, or in this case, St. Peters. Close enough. When I did my St. Charles cake hunt, I was on a time schedule, and this was to be my last cake. I had the map and address with me, but no gps or anything. This place was hard to find at the time. I did ask fellow cake-hunters and they were able to provide me with tips.


The factoids about this museum:
  • It is housed in the old McCormack Oil Company building, which was a gas station from 1928 to 1990.
  • Museum opened in 2001, but moved to its present location in 2010 from East Main Street.
  • Holds more than 10,000 photos and more than 15,000 artifacts in their collection
  • Like most museums, has exhibits (permanent and temporary) and a gift shop.
  • It goes without saying, everything that is to be known at St. Charles is here. The museum has collected stuff from government buildings and past and present residents of St. Charles County.
The cake, which focuses a lot on St. Charles County, including Our Lady at the Rivers:
Left side of the cake

Back side of the cake

Right side of the cake

Top of the cake, which focuses on the water borders of St. Charles County

Official website

1630 Heritage Landing, ST. PETERS, MO, 63303
Cake artist: Gina Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment