- The airport covers 1,500 acres and has 2 runways (one longer than the other)
- Was the brainchild of Paul D. Haglin, who was a pilot from Minnesota
- Formerly hosted the St. Louis County Fair and Air Show until 2007; an air show returned in May of 2014.
- FAA code: SUS
- Airport was open on August 30, 1964
- Ralston Purina was the first corporation to use the new airport in 1965
- In 1993, the airport was one of the victims of the Great Flood after a nearby levee broke; it would later re-open the next year
NOW: As of 6/4/2015, the cake is still sitting in its spot.
18270 Edison Avenue, CHESTERFIELD, MO, 63005
Cake artist: Theresa Hopkins