- First Jewish congregation established west of the Mississippi River
- There is no known year when this was organized (their Facebook page says 1837), although historians debate on it
- Like most religious organizations and groups, they have moved around quite a bit since their inception. They started on 5th St. and Broadway in 1848.
- This facility consists of a Religious School, Hebrew School, Early Childhood Center and Youth Camp.
- The current location at Conway Road opened its doors in 1977.
UPDATE (1/25/2016): The cake still stands outside the place. It was at the front entrance for a long time, but it is now located in the back in the middle of a circle drive. Here is a photo:
|Behind the building on 1/23/2016|
United Hebrew Congregation on FB
13788 Conway Road, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63141
Cake artist: Henryk Ptasiewicz