- Started to be built in 1900, cornerstone laid out the following year, but in 1903 was put on hold because of flooding from the Missouri River.
- The land was called 'Clerks Hill' before the courthouse was built, as there were two government clerks offices atop the hill
- This was not the first location of the courthouse. The first was built at the corner of Madison and Main Streets in St. Charles
- In 1876, the original courthouse was damaged by a tornado, prompting local government leaders to move to a new location.
- Several historical markers are found outside the building. Most notably are some plaques surrounding the statue of St. Carlos Borromeo, which detail how St. Charles and the county developed.
|Statue of Saint Carlos (or Charles) Borromeo, the city's namesake|
Two artists, Zack Farmer and Erica Kaiser, decorated this colorful cake:
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
Official website for St. Charles County Government
100 N. 3rd St., ST. CHARLES, MO, 63301
Cake artists: Zack Farmer and Erica Kaiser