- Opened in 1971 as the Wild Canid Survival and Research Center.
- Marlin Perkins, the founder of Endangered Wolf Center, was well known for his love of animals, having been involved with zoos in Chicago and Buffalo (NY), as well as being host of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. He started his career at the St. Louis Zoo in the 1920s and ended as Director Emeritus until his death in 1986.
- Located on the grounds of Washington University's Tyson Research Center.
- Some endangered species of wolves are protected there, most from other countries.
- Tours are welcome, but reservations are required. (I hear it is better to go in October and November, through the grapevine)
Endangered Wolf Center on FB
6750 Tyson Valley Road, EUREKA, MO, 63025
Cake artist: Maura Pusateri