|The Heald house|
- Revolutionary War veteran Jacob Zumwalt and his family settled on the land where the park is now. Zumwalt (died in 1820).
- Parts of his house that remain (in the park) include his stone chimney and his fireplaces.
- There is a replica of a War of 1812 fort in the park as well.
- The Darius Heald Home (where the cake is located on the outside) was built in 1884.
- The land was purchased by the state of Missouri in the early-20th century, and eventually to the city of O'Fallon
- Park has a 4-acre lake and plenty of shaded areas, even places to play disc golf.
- Today, Fort Zumwalt Park hosts several annual and weekly events. This includes 'Founders Day Celebration' in May and the 'Festival of Lights' during the holidays.
|Left side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
|Top of the cake|
1000 Jessup Drive W, O' FALLON, MO, 63366
Cake artist: Leah Pruitt