- Park was first authorized under state law in 1867, and opened in 1868.
- Most of the park was land donated by Henry Shaw, as a gift.
- Once a month, there is 'Food Truck Friday' when some of the most popular local eateries sell their goods on the southern part of the park (sponsored by Sauce magazine)
- The park consists of activity areas such as children's wading pool, six corkball fields, ten softball fields and six soccer fields.
- Several pavilions and picnic sites also highlight Tower Grove Park, some having a unique theme and architectrue
- Carriage rides are also available as well, since the park committee has been about restoring the park's past. Reservations are required.
- As expected, several special events are held here, along with weddings
|Piper Palm building|
|Alexander von Humboldt statue|
The cake, which is located behind the Piper Palm House:
|Right side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
4256 Magnolia Ave., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63110
Cake artist: Mark Swain