- The World Bird Sanctuary sits on 305 acres.
- Several endangered bird and wildlife species are featured here including eagles, owls, reptiles, parrots, the list goes on
- Despite its name, it is one of many bird sanctuaries, yet one of the largest, in the United States.
- Founded in 1977 by former St. Louis Zoo employee, ornithologist Walter C. Crawford, Jr.
- Special programs including scout badge programs and bird-watching tours can be scheduled with a naturalist, for a fee.
- Every Thursday evening in August there is a concert in the ampitheater part, which not only has a live band performing but features special birds flying out to the audience!
|The sign that leads to the gift shop and ampitheatre|
|Where the owls roam|
The cake, in which Mark Swain gave it an outdoors theme:
|Right side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
|Top of the cake|
World Bird Sanctuary on Blogger
World Bird Sanctuary on Twitter
125 Bald Eagle Road, VALLEY PARK, MO, 63088
Cake artist: Mark Swain