- According to its Facebook page, it is a wildlife management area, which consists of deer, bison, turkeys, waterfowls and of course, elk.
- Lone Elk Park is 546 acres.
- During WWII, the land belonged to the Tyson Valley Powder Plant. After the war, it became a county park and herds of bison and elk were established here. However, years later in 1958, the herds were destroyed.
- One lone elk survived, hence its present name
- The park was named Lone Elk Park in 1966 and was opened to the public in 1971
- Even though this is an animal-friendly place, no other animals (like personal pets) are allowed, even inside vehicles.
|Visitor's center at Lone Elk Park|
|Deer display inside the Visitor Center|
|Lone Elk Park entrance|
|Left side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
|Top of the cake|
Lone Elk Park on FB
2 South 4th Street, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63102 (it is actually located near or in Valley Park but the address is St. Louis)
Cake artist: Alissa Shoultz