|The gift shop, which provides access to the walkway to the real house|
The village of Defiance is an unincorporated community.
|A glimpse of the actual home from behind the gift shop|
About Daniel Boone:
- Born in Reading, PA in 1734.
- Later settled in North Carolina and hunted for a living.
- Migrated westward to present-day Kentucky, where he helped organize the future state starting in 1767.
- He finally moved his family to Missouri, or at the time, called Upper Louisiana, in 1799.
- Died in the home on September 26, 1820.
|Left side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
Daniel Boone Home on FB (as Lindenwood University Daniel Boone Home)
1868 Highway F, DEFIANCE, MO, 63341
Cake artist: John Troy (he also decorated the Lindenwood University cake)