- Started in 1894 by Edward Maritz as the E. Maritz Jewelry Manufacturing Company, which would be the first to sell wristwatches.
- It also specialized in selling engraved and imported jewelry from around the world.
- After the company's near-failure resulting from the 1929 stock market crash, the group re-vamped itself by focusing on employee reward programs for companies, in addition to their jewelry.
- In the coming decades, the company expanded greatly by adding travel programs and marketing research companies.
- Today, Maritz claims to be the world's largest source of performance improvement, travel and market research services.
- The world corporate headquarters consists of 174 acres, which spreads across both sides of I-44.
The cake, which is one of four cakes with the Route 66 theme (one of two painted by Rich Brooks). Maritz is located off of old Route 66 (or I-44). Get your kicks!!!
|Right side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
|Top of the cake|
According to the stl250 website, Maritz is a generous sponsor of stl250.
Maritz on FB
1400 South Highway Drive, FENTON, MO, 63099
Cake artist: Rich Brooks