- It was constructed in 1902 by architect/engineer Charles Ledlic.
- It was the first large electrical power plant to be erected by Union Electric (later became Ameren).
- The building was intentionally placed near the Mississippi River.
- Designated as a City Landmark in 1971.
- Even though still in use, the building is currently not open to the public as of this writing.
|Right side of the Ashley Street Power House building|
|Hey wait, that's my shadow! Dang it|
|Left side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
Located at the corner of Biddle and Leonor K. Sullivan streets
Cake artist: Theresa Hopkins