- Founded in 1982 as one of the first environmentally-friendly not-for-profit groups/organizations to 'clean up' St. Louis.
- Originally known as Operation Brightside
- They have cleaned up numerous neighborhoods and homes, by picking up trash and washing away graffiti.
- One of their annual events is Project Blitz, in which volunteers get together and host a 'clean-up' in their city and/or neighborhood
- A gas station once sat where the Brightside's Demonstration Garden is now. It is a free garden that is used to promote plants and trees in the city, as well as for educational purposes.
|Right side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
|The Demonstration Garden was started in 2011 as a way to show people about sustaining the Earth|
4646 Shenandoah Ave., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63110
Cake artist: George Grove