- Eckert's is the largest family-run pick-your-own orchard in the United States.
- It has branched out 3 more locations (Millstadt, St. Louis and Grafton)
- Live local bands play here on weekends during the summer.
- Recipes are featured on their website (the ingredients you will likely find at their place!)
- The orchard is operated on what was called 'Turkey Hill', where fruit trees were first planted in 1890.
- Open all-year round, even during the winter-time. Many festivals take place, such as the Strawberry Festival.
|The Eckerts' sign, taken on Thanksgiving Day 2014|
|Frontal view of their store, with the cake in front|
|The parking lot and behind it, the orchards|
Eckert's on FB
951 South Greenmount, BELLEVILLE, IL, 62220
Cake artist: Mary Hessler (also did the Ted Drewes cake)