Friday, June 27, 2014

#121: Gateway Harley-Davidson

I'm not a motorcycle person, but at the same time I have nothing against bikers or riding those freedom machines. I do have friends that have great enthusiasm for the pricey hobby! I'm not sure how many Harley-Davidson dealerships are in the St. Louis area (I can only think of Gateway, Doc's and Frieze (sp?), so why of all of them, does this one get a cake? Must be something special. Maybe its the location. Or its the one that has all the sales. Hell, I don't know. All I know is this cake was located on the busy Lemay Ferry Road in South County and it was on a Saturday I caught this one after my short Jefferson Barracks adventure.

Note: According to fellow cake hunter Linda Gurley, this cake was originally to be put at Fast Eddie's Bon Air in Alton. You can definitely tell with the Piasa Bird painted on the cake (pictured below). For various reasons, I'm actually glad the Fast Eddies thing didn't happen.

And yes, KSHE 95 is a proud advertiser of the business!


  • Family owned and operated since 2002. 
  • Holds several events (including live bands) for families and motorcycle enthusiasts
  • Describes their inventory as 'large', and has new and used available. 
  • Offers riding lessons as well and has renting services. 

Gateway Harley-Davidson on FB
Official website

3600 Lemay Ferry Rd., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63125
Cake artist: Theresa Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment