Here are some quick factoids about Forest Park:
- One of the largest urban parks in the United States.
- Consists of 1,293 acres (it is larger than New York's Central Park!)
- There are many activities to do inside Forest Park territory - ice skating, golf, boating, walking, biking, among many others.
- The city takes pride in the park's status as its 'oasis', and for its environmental, educational, and fundamental uses.
- The park opened in 1876. It has been widely known as the host of the 1904 World's Fair (or Louisiana Purchase Expedition), as millions were part of it.
- Known as 'the heart of St. Louis'
|The Forest Park trolley|
Left side of the cake:
Forest Park Forever on FB
5595 Grand Dr.., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63112
Cake artist: Tom Hunt
Cake sponsored by: Greater Saint Louis Community Foundation