- Known as 'Alton's Gentle Giant'
- Born and lived most of his life in Alton in 1918; died in 1940 in Manistee, Michigan.
- He was a traveling celebrity in the 1930s, as part of the Ringling Brothers Circus act, and he made several appearances at festivals around the country.
- His growth was caused by hyperplasia of his pituitary gland, which resulted in an abnormally high level of growth hormone.
- Wadlow passed away at age 22 of a foot infection, which was caused by an ill-fitting leg brace he wore on tours.
- When he was in 1st grade, his height was 5'7". He was still growing up until his death.
|Robert Wadlow statue|
|Top of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|A close-up of the Robert Wadlow statue|
|A replica of Robert Wadlow's chair|
Robert Wadlow Wikipedia link
2809 College Avenue, ALTON, IL, 62002
Cake artist: Screwed Arts Collective