- It is a Catholic shrine to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- The Shrine name refers to the Basilica of Saint Mary Major in Rome. Legend has it that snow fell in the summertime of 1562 A.D..
- It is one of the largest outdoor shrines in America.
- The shrine consists of a restaurant, gift shop, hotel, a grotto, playground, and much more spiritual and recreational activity places.
- In the wintertime, usually from late November to early January, there is a popular holiday lights show that is very popular.
|One of the shrine's special holiday traditions|
|The sign, taken from my truck|
Sides of the cake:
|Right side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
|Top of the cake, appropriately covered with 'snow'!|
442 S. Demazenod Drive, BELLEVILLE, IL, 62223
Cake artist: April Morrison