- Designed by the St. Joseph architectural firm, Eckel & Mann.
- Constructed started in 1890. Some sources say 1892 and 93.
- The present building was completed in 1904, just in time for the World's Fair.
- St. Louis City Hall goes back as early as 1808, when city leaders and officials met wherever they could, be it at people's homes or churches. This was until 1827 when it was decided by vote to build St. Louis' first-ever City Hall.
- The present City Hall is the fourth one, after the previous three were farther east of downtown, close to the riverfront.
- At one time, the Old Courthouse was used as a City Hall after a fire destroyed the second building in 1856.
- It is very similar to the Hotel de Ville in Paris,France.
- The words 'City Hall' were engraved on the entrance doors after the City Commission denied then-Mayor Bernard Dickmann's request of having a red, white and blue neon sign (above the entrance).
|Left side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
|Top of the cake|
City of St. Louis website
1200 Market St., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63103
Cake artist: Ashley Wenzel