Here's a place that takes you back in TIME. No matter what era, you'll be transported. While its great to come hungry, you may have to wait for a bit to come into Crown Candy Kitchen. Not only is this known to be one of St. Louis' iconic restaurants, it is also known for its long line outside the place. While it has limited seating, customers are never let down when they get their food. It's not just the food, but the candy and anything that's sweet that makes Crown Candy Kitchen an old North cornerstone.
- CCK was established in 1913 by Macedonian immigrants.
- One of the oldest operating soda fountains in the country, and the oldest in the St. Louis area
- Even though the place is known for its desserts, it is also well-known for their huge sandwiches. The most notable one is their 'Heart Stopping BLT'.
- Several different sundaes are on the menu, including one of their signature ones, the Newport.
- Several different chocolates are made in the back of the kitchen.
Crown Candy has been featured on the popular Travel Channel show Man vs. Food, in which host Adam Richman tried to take the restaurant's popular challenge. That is to drink 5 malts within 30 minutes. (He only got to four). For the 'record', the record-setter for this challenge is Randy Santel, who did this in less than 3 minutes (there's a video of this on Youtube!). CCK would make another appearance on another show hosted by Adam Richman, Best Sandwich in America, where he ate their ever-popular 'Heart Stopping BLT'.
Another celebrity sighting at Crown Candy Kitchen was Jimmy Fallon, who visited the place (St. Louis was a stop on his stand-up tour) in October 2013.
|Top of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
Crown Candy Kitchen on FB
1401 St. Louis Avenue, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63106
Cake artist: April Morrison