- Madison County, IL's 2013 estimated population: 267, 225
- Madison Co.'s first courthouse was in a log cabin at the north end of Edwardsville in 1813.
- Starting in 1857, the courthouse has been located on Main Street.
- Abraham Lincoln was once an attorney at the courthouse in 1814, and spoke at the 1857 courthouse in 1858.
- The current building was built in 1915. (It is currently undergoing renovations so they can celebrate its 100th anniversary next year)
|Right side of the cake|
|Back side of the cake|
|Left side of the cake|
Madison County Circuit Clerk's website
City of Edwardsville website
Madison County government website
155 North Main Street, EDWARDSVILLE, IL, 62025
Cake artist: Nicole Cooper