- The oldest Farmer's market west of the Mississippi River, as it was founded in 1779!
- It wasn't until 1795 that Antoine Soulard was given the land from his father-in-law, Gabriel Cerre, which included the market. The land would be the subject of a long legal battle starting in 1803 when the land was purchased by the United States.
- There have been two buildings for the market since 1841. They have nearly been destroyed by a tornado in 1896.
- Open Wednesday through Saturday, year-round
- Several locally-grown and made foods are sold at the market, such as produce, spices, dairy products and meats.
|Soulard Farmers Market|
|Rudy Commons memorial plaque|
Soulard Market on FB
Soulard Farmers Market (Official website)
Soulard Market (Official website)
730 Carroll St., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63104
Cake artist: Kathy Koerper