- Built in 1909 with proceeds from the 1904 World's Fair
- Renovated in 1998 with funds of over $1 million from Forest Park Forever
- This open-air facility can hold at least 1000 people.
- A popular place for receptions, reunions and picnics
- During the 1904 World's Fair, the Missouri State Building (which to fairgoers was considered luxurious because of its decor and it had air-conditioning!) was located where the Pavilion sits now. The Missouri State Building burned down that same year, just 11 days before the Fair was to end. It was never rebuilt, as it had been intentionally a temporary exhibit.
World's Fair Pavilion on FB
World's Fair Pavilion on St. Louis' city website
5600 Clayton Ave., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63110
Cake artist: Henryk Ptasiewicz
The cake was sold on 1/1/2015 for $955 (third highest bid) in the biddingforgood auction.