- UMSL was founded in 1963
- It is the largest university in St. Louis with the largest current enrollment (avg. 17,000)
- It is also one of four universities in the University of Missouri (main base is in Columbia, MO; there is one in Spain) system.
- The university has several different programs (undergraduate and graduate): History, Arts, Economics, Social Work, etc.
- The late author/poet Maya Angelou visited UMSL in 1995.
- Its mascot is the 'Tritons'
- Notable alumni include actress Phyllis Smith, editor-in-chief of ESPN magazine Gary Belski, as well as several St. Louis and Missouri politicians
1 University Blvd. ST. LOUIS, MO, 63121
Cake artist: UMSL Fine Arts students
UMSL on FB