- First opened its doors in 1912.
- Named after the Ethical Society founder (St. Louis branch), Walter Sheldon
- Billed as 'the Carnegie Hall of the Midwest' because of its well-known acoustics
- Music acts that have performed here include Crosby, Stills & Nash, Dave Brubeck, Judy Collins and Willie Nelson.
- Several high-profile figures have spoken here: Thurgood Marshall, Margaret Mead, Ernest Hemingway and Albert Einstein.
- An average of 350 events are usually held at The Sheldon each year.
|Back side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
3648 Washington Blvd., ST. LOUIS, MO, 63108
Cake artist: The Sheldon