- Francis Field is part of the campus of Washington University, and it is used for football, track, and many other outdoor sports
- Opened in 1904, it is one of the oldest outdoor sports venues on the western side of the Mississippi River that is still being used
- It is named after David R. Francis, who had quite a resume for a politician (see his Wikipedia page for more details). Francis was president of the 1904 Louisiana Purchase Expedition.
- Up until 1984, the field seated 19,000. Today it seats 4,000.
- The professional soccer team, The St. Louis Stars, once played here in the 1960s
|Left side of the cake|
|Right side of the cake|
Francis Field on Washington University's website
6900 Forsyth Boulevard, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63105
Cake artist: April Morrison