- Called 'The Hill' because of it being located in the city's highest point.
- Mainly an Italian-American neighborhood, where most immigrated from Sicily and northern Italy.
- Known for its red, white and green fire hydrants (colors of the Italy flag)
- Many Italian eateries as well as stores and bakeries are located here, some selling goods hard to find anyplace else (olive paste, anyone?)
- Baseball legends Yogi Berra and Joe Garagiola, Sr. are from The Hill.
|Amighetti's restaurant, where the cake is located|
|The Italian Immigrants statue, located in front of the St. Ambrose Catholic Church|
|St. Ambrose Catholic Church|
5130 Wilson Avenue, ST. LOUIS, MO, 63110
Cake artist: Tina Henderson
UPDATE (9/4/2016): The cake was sold in the Biddingforgood auction on 1/1/2015 ($455); it is now placed outside Columbia Auto Repair, which is not far from the Hill (on Southwest Ave)